There are so many reasons of why you should create an AOL account that I don’t even know where to start telling you about all the amazing things that you’ll get as soon as you sign up for a free AOL Mail email address. Some of the best features that come to mind are unlimited storage, 25 MB of photo and video attachments, virus protection, advanced spam filters, the ability to communicate with your family and friends through mail, chat or text on desktops, laptops, tablets and other mobile devices, plus a lot more.
But before we move on, I want to remind you that your AOL Username is you online identity, everyone can see it and it will appear in all your emails, on your AIM buddy list, in message posts and instant messages. So take good care of your username and be polite to others to remain in good standing in the online world.
How to Sign Up for a New AOL Account
- Go to https://i.aol.com/reg/signup and fill out the registration form on the right side of the page.
- Enter your first and last name in the first two fields at the top of the sign up form.
- Now pick a username, it should be something like this “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Create a strong password between 8 to 16 characters. Avoid common words and names to make it more secure.
- Confirm your password.
- Select your date of birth from the drop down menu.
- Select your gender from the second drop down menu.
- Enter your zip code.
- Set a security question and then type in your answer.
- Enter your mobile number so that they can verify your identity if you have problems signing in and sending notifications.
- Enter an alternate email address to verify you identity if you ever have login issues.
- Type in the characters you see in the box at the bottom without any spaces because AOL needs to make sure that you are indeed a real person.
- Click the blue “Sign Up” button and you’re done.
Not sure if you’re on the right page? Don’t worry, see how the registration form looks like below.
After creating your new AOL Username and mail you can proceed to the login page to access your account in order to take advantage of all the tools, benefits and features that this advanced free email service offers.